I’ve been slacking lately so I haven’t done one of these in a while. But after a tumultuous and rewarding May I’ve learned a few lessons, some easier to swallow than others. Now that we’ve officially kicked into June, this party bus is about to get really wild. So here we go! Super-charge your weekend and let the sunshine in!
- Old and busted: sitting on your butt. New hotness: Volunteering! I’m going out to Growing Power this Saturday to get over my fear of histamines and see how I can give back to the community.
- Chalene Johnson. I’ve known she’s a mega rockstar since about 2006 but having recently acquired TurboFire and reveled in the delicious pain that is muscle immobility, she is a champion of my living room, my legs and my health.
- Knowing what’s good for you. The Lady Samurai told me this week that it’s better to be alone than surrounded by assholes (can also be interchanged with jerks, meanies, superficial users, sociopaths, etc.). I think I knew this in the back of my mind but now I believe it. Some things are just beyond.
- The promise of the weekend. I can’t really remember the last time I had a whole weekend to myself. I think it may have been a month ago. But the premise of going to bed early, waking up early, cleaning the apartment, going to the beach, grocery shopping, going to target, reading a book, playing videogames and taking care of all the other little things I’ve been putting off is just exhilarating.
- My new running shoes. I thought the old ones were loud (cyan and orange) but the new ones are even louder (yellow and magenta). I can’t wait to take them for a spin!
This is officially the best video you’ll watch today.