Where have you gone?
I honestly can’t believe I was in California a month ago. I can’t believe three weeks ago I ran a half marathon. I can’t believe last week I saw President Obama speak. And I really can’t believe that October is almost here. There’s so much to do! But let’s back away for a moment, and appreciate all the good things on this Friday.
- Girlfriends. No, seriously. I’ve never had a team of girls to do some major girly things on deadline for my benefit. I’m not used to being the center of attention and I’m certainly not used to being the benefactress of some wonderful displays of kindness.
- The return of plaid shirts, pixie pants and riding boots. Basically my fall uniform.
- New music.
- Freshly vacuumed apartment floors.
- Knowing that every single day I choose to have a positive impact on the world. In a small way at my job, in a large way to the people in my life, and the biggest way to the feline friend I share my home with.
- Getting your security deposit back. Because, yeah!